The Best Place to Buy a Used Car, Truck or SUV?
Buying a pre-owned vehicle is a great way to save some money. But the entire process of vehicle purchase may feel very daunting and stressful unless you know exactly where to buy your vehicle from. We’ve listed the most common places to buy a pre-owned car, so you feel confident in selecting the right approach to buy a used car.
- Certified pre-owned car dealerships
- Independent used-automobile lots
- Private party
- Online retailers
How Can I Get the Best Deal on Used Cars and Trucks
Are you looking for the best place to buy a used car? Well, not too long ago, shopping for a pre-owned car was a relatively simple process. Go to the new & used dealer nearest to you, pick up your ‘new’ ride, negotiate the financing, take it home, wash, rinse, and repeat every few years.
That was then… My how times have changed…
Pre-owned car purchasers in the twenty-first century now have even more choices available than at anytime before. Therefore, to help you sort through all these choices, we would like to help. Let’s get a closer look at all of the options that today’s contemporary used vehicle buyers have to face.
At What Places Can I Buy Used Cars Near Me?
The quick answer to this query is to review the used inventory at a new auto dealer. When you think about the growing amount of car dealers, however, even that answer can bring confusion. Plus, let’s not forget about the privately-owned used car lots dotting the automotive terrain to add into the equation.
For those who would rather not deal with auto dealerships at all, there is always purchasing a pre-owned automobile from an independent or individual seller. Finally, there’s the growing supply of web-based pre-owned automobile shopping websites. These do a great job of making the whole thing seem to be super convenient and easy.
So, with all of these pre-owned automobile purchasing options comes the inevitable question: Where is the best place to buy a high quality pre-owned car, truck, SUV, or minivan nearby?
Is a Dealership a Great Place to Get Used Car and Truck Financing?
Whether you’re acquiring a new, used or Certified Pre-Owned car, truck, or SUV, most auto dealerships provide used car financing choices. Advantages of getting financed with the dealer are:
- Complete agreements at the auto dealership rather than returning to the financial institution.
- Obtain the exact same, or in some cases even much better, financing prices than a financial institution.
- Often you can take advantage of some incentives provided by the car’s maker on Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) cars, trucks, or SUVs. This is something you definitely will not receive at a used car lot.
Things That You Must Consider When Shopping At a Used Car Lot
Let us to tackle a few facts. The sticker price on independently owned used car lots can be tough to refuse. And, if cost is your only consideration, then you will more than likely discover a better money-saving deal at a nearby used car lot than you might get at a brand-new car dealership. At the very least on the front end.
But, there can be some pretty significant threats involved in buying from an independently owned used car lot. For instance:
- The risk of buying a ‘lemon’ is a lot higher. Used car lot ‘inspections’ are not nearly as thorough as a dealership’s, usually speaking, neither are private used car lots as eager to invest cash on mechanical repairs on their inventory.
- The majority of private, car lots aren’t as worried regarding repeat business as most traditional auto dealerships. Aftermarket client service is usually less than top quality, particularly if you run into mechanical problems with your ‘new’ car or truck.
- The majority of used car lots either do not have on-site finance aid or they have really minimal financing options available. You can certainly pay for a used vehicle by yourself through your individual financial institution or cooperative credit union. However, you might find your bank of choice isn’t as eager to assist you in financing a used vehicle as they are a brand-new one.
- Independent used car lots cannot supply manufacturer-backed Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicle inspections, guarantees, or offers.
Purchasing from used car lots boils down to trusting the seller to be straightforward as well as back up their guarantees and promises they made when trying to market you that ‘perfect’ car or truck.
What Can Independent Sellers Provide to Pre-Owned Automobile Purchasers?
Once more, if cost is your only factor when looking for a used car, truck, SUV, or minivan, then a private seller is most likely the very best alternative. When you think about the fact that most private sellers are more interested in unloading their cars rather than making a living marketing cars, you can definitely find some amazing bargains utilizing this option.
Nevertheless, there are some things you’ll wish to take into consideration before buying from independent vendor:
- This option is the most ‘buyer beware’ circumstance considering that independent vendors offer no warranties about the car, truck, or SUV’s problem.
- If there are any type of issues or problems with the car, truck, or SUV when you purchase from a private vendor, they will certainly be your own to take care of once you take ownership of the car, truck, SUV, or minivan.
- The majority of independent sellers use no vehicle history reports. You can absolutely research the car or truck’s background on your own, yet you’re absolutely on your own with this process.
- Independent vendors do not normally inspect and/or fix their car before placing it on the market. Your personal auto mechanic can provide it with a checkup or once-over. Yet if you’re looking for a thorough, bumper-to-bumper assessment, you’re looking in the incorrect place.
The Bottom Line:
This is a DIY procedure. Even when providing your own research study, evaluations, and financing. The danger of spending your hard-earned loan on a money pit is extremely high when buying a pre-owned automobile from an independent vendor.
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Car Buying
Internet-based auto purchasing is not a brand-new thing. Most dealers have offered online buying options for over a few years. But, what is new is the development of online pre-owned car web pages that concentrate on selling used vehicles. These solutions avoid the inconvenience of taking a trip to a car dealership or independent owner to complete the sale. Here are the good, the bad, and the ugly facts about internet pre-owned car buying:
- The majority of online used car purchasing can be finished in around an hour, finance included, without the client ever needing to leave their own residence.
- Internet-based websites deliver your new car, truck, or SUV right to your front door. This is the very meaning of ‘convenience’.
- The majority of internet-based websites provide a short time-period for you to try out the car. If you are not satisfied, you can send it back for a complete refund, no charge to you and typically no questions asked.
- There is no way to examine drive or check your vehicle before the delivery. While some websites do their best to give you lots of photos, or even brief video clips of the car or truck you have an interest in, pictures cannot capture every little thing. Don’t forget that a video can’t take the place of a real mechanic inspection.
- Eager to take your brand-new acquisition out for a spin? You have got a little a wait ahead. In some cases it can be a few weeks, depending on where the car, truck, SUV, or minivan is being delivered from.
- Talking about delivery, you’ll most definitely want to take notice of the shipping charges on your invoice prior to finalizing.
- So, what occurs if you’ve purchased a lemon? Most internet dealers do not have aftermarket fixing solutions.
- Does the car, truck, SUV, or minivan you’re purchasing online follow the automobile emissions policies in the state you live in? This can be a costly oversight.
The appeal of online convenience can frequently mask potentially expensive problems. Not to mention severe aggravation when trying to solve them via an exclusively internet-based automobile site.
The Advantages of Getting Pre-Owned Automobiles From a Local Dealership
Shopping from a pre-owned automobile from a local dealership might seem like the most expensive option on the list, but before you disregard the idea at the start, you may wish to consider the benefits a car dealership provides to used auto purchasers.
Below are simply a few of the primary advantages of buying a secondhand car, truck, or SUV from a franchised dealer:
- Franchised auto dealerships desire repeat buyers. Purposefully marketing overpriced ‘lemons’ produces the exact reverse of that. You won’t likely find that here.
- Name-brand car dealerships have to comply with a rigorous set of company and legal|lawful restrictions against illegal selling techniques. Cheating their purchasers does not just cost them repeat shoppers, it can cost them their whole company, or result in hefty fines.
- With extremely unusual exceptions, dealers almost always have a group of very trained mechanical technicians on hand that check and also fix every pre-owned car, truck, SUV, or minivan in their inventory prior to placing them up for sale.
- Dealerships additionally have auto financing specialists with accessibility to a healthy and balanced network of financial institutions all focused on one function – to help get you into the car or truck you want.
One more benefit franchised car dealerships provide are exclusive offers on Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) cars:
- CPO cars, trucks, SUVs, and minivans are thoroughly inspected and also fixed, as needed. This greatly lowers the threat that you’re purchasing somebody else’s mechanical problems.
- Pretty much every CPO car will have warranties and guarantees that you simply will not obtain from the remainder of the pre-owned auto purchasing options.
- You will also be provided with a comprehensive vehicle history report with all used cars, and specifically with all Certified Pre-Owned vehicles.
While the cost on an auto dealerships’ pre-owned or Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) automobiles might be a bit more than, say, a private vendor, each used car or truck buyer should take into consideration just how much they are willing to invest in the peace of mind as well as finance aid you can only find at a name-brand, franchised auto dealer.
Give Yourself a Whole Lot More
There is much more to consider when buying a previously owned car than just the time you spend and the cash you save. If you’re trying to find more from your used car shopping experience, then the car dealership has the vehicle knowledge and personalized solution you need to make an informed used car purchasing decision.
To learn more on looking for your next pre-owned vehicle, contact our pre-owned sales group or just have a look at our pre-owned stock.
Where are the Best Places to Purchase a Pre-Owned Car Around Me?